I think we can all agree that 2020 has been the year of loungewear, don’t you agree? From matching sets to just throwing on whatever is washed and clean, we have all truly appreciated the comfort of home this year and our loungewear has been a fundamental part of it.
According to FashionUnited, demand for loungewear and casualwear surged by 49% year-on-year during March and April this year, shortly after the announcement of the UK’s first lockdown. We also predict that loungewear will also be at the top of a lot of peoples’ wish lists this Christmas, with many of us continuing to spend more time at home.
New to loungewear? You’ve definitely been missing out and here are 5 reasons why:
- Loungewear is ultimately daytime appropriate pyjamas. Need we say more?
- Feel comfortable, warm and practical for whatever your day at home brings.
- If you’re feeling stylish, choose a matching set to make you even smugger with your outfit decision.
- Make the smooth transition from loungewear to pyjamas as soon as it gets dark, meaning you’ll forever be comfortable come day or night.
- There’s no need to make any effort - I think we’re all guilty of dressing smartly on top for a Zoom meeting but secretly sitting with our loungewear joggers on hidden out of shot.
Converted to wearing loungewear? We thought so. Here are our top 5 picks from our very own loungewear range – Eleven Basics.